We got up at 6am and left camp on our camels at 6:30 so we could see the sunrise. It was so early and so cold and dark, nobody said a word. It was a little cloudy and the sunrise was anti-climatic. Luckily, we took a shorter route back to the Auberge. It was assumed that we would want to take showers when we got back, but we were too cold. I had pointed out to the group that the showers were hand held, so we wouldn't be able to warm up in the shower. After breakfast we left the town of Merzouga and Ismael thanked me for explaining the difficulty of the hand held showers, especially if you want to wash your hair. He said he relayed the problem to the hotel manager and they were going to fix it.
We stopped at a farm (I guess) with goats and camels so that we could try camel milk. I had a sip. It was OK.
Then we stopped at a manufacturer of tables, lamps, countertops, etc. made from mined marble/granite with fossils imbedded from the Paleolithic period.
We arrived at our destination of Tinehrir and the Todra Valley. There was then a walk in the Todra Gorge, but I stayed in the hotel. I was so chilled, I couldn't get warm and I was getting a cold. Dinner was in the hotel. I got a lemon chicken tagine, the best tagine I have had so far.
Power goes off at 11pm. I hope I feel better tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment