Friday, December 13, 2013

Day 2--Dec 10, 2013 : Sleep and Stalker


Again, things did not go according to plan. Amanda was landing at 1pm and I was to meet her at the airport. Of course, I was tired because I had flown all night the day before. And I stayed up late that 1st night in the hotel. I should have gotten up by 10:30 to get the train to the airport at around 11:30. You know what’s coming. I overslept. I woke up at 12:30! I dressed and packed quickly and had to go to an ATM to get cash for the taxi that I now had to take. The taxi took as long as the train would have. Lots of traffic. I was an hour late. Amanda was a little upset, to say the least.
I was hoping to get out of Casablanca that day, and had cancelled the hotel for that night just 2 days before. Our Morocco tour doesn’t start until the 14th, and it starts at the same hotel. They were willing to hold our bags until we return. We went back to the hotel to repack our small bags for 4 days. Unfortunately, we had to wait for both trains so we were not going to make the last train to Tangier at 5:45. So now we needed a hotel. We decided to take the 5:45am train the next morning. So we got on our tablets and found a hotel near the train station, a different station than the one near our hotel, but turns out to be about 1.5 miles away. We could walk or take a tram. We started walking down the street with the tram and stopped to ask a man where to buy the tram ticket. He talked to us for a while (in French) and offered to get his car and drive us to our hotel. We politely refused and finally got away and continued walking. I thought that maybe we should take the tram, but the ticket machine wouldn’t process my credit card, although cards were accepted. So we continued walking and sure enough, the man drives up in his car. He pulled onto a side street in front of us. We kept going and crossed the street and ducked into a restaurant so that he wouldn’t see us. He seemed very nice, but of course, we couldn't take the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment