The above quote was familiar to me, but I didn't know why. I looked it up and it was from the trailer of a 1938 movie called Algiers, but the line was not actually in the movie, and NO, I wasn't around then. It starred Hedy Lamarr and Charles Boyer and apparently it received attention because of Hedy Lamarr's beauty. It was later a radio show, and it was the inspiration for the movie Casablanca that was filmed in 1942. Anyway, I'm guessing my dad used to say it.
Anyway, we started the day by visiting the town of Ouarzazate, called the Hollywood of Morocco, because of the 2 film studios there. Some of the movies filmed there were Lawrence of Arabia, Gladiator, The Mummy, Salmon Fishing in the Yemen, The Hills Have Eyes, and some of the TV series Game of Thrones.
We continued on to the village of Ait Ben Haddou where the Kasbah exists. A Kasbah is a type of fortress. The Kasbah is about 1000 years old and some people still live there. It has been carefully restored, and is now a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Only 3 of our group chose to cook our own dinner in the hotel kitchen. We made a chicken tagine. Amanda and I will be continuing this cooking skill at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment