We left the hotel at 11am in the van and got dropped off at the medina. Although Amanda didn't want to hang with me today, we got separated from the initial group and ended up eventually as just the two of us. Was fun just wandering the alleyways to see what we would find. I took lots of pictures. Just fascinating. And we didn't spend too much money. The van picked us up at 3pm and we stopped at a grocery store in a mall. Actually, it was more like a Walmart 'cause it sold everything there. We were shopping for food for our 10 hour drive tomorrow over the middle Atlas Mountains to Merzouga in the Sahara Desert. No WiFi for the next 2 nights, so probably update on Friday.
We split into 2 groups for dinner. I chose to revisit the restaurant from lunch yesterday to get more lamp chops. Alas, they were out. Got beef instead. And fries and Morocco's national drink, mint tea. It's green tea with lots of mint sprigs in it, and sugar. Very good, and I don't drink tea. I paid 40MAD, or approx. $5.
No comments:
Post a Comment